Monday, August 29, 2005

A Real Life Ken Doll

I have been looked at by some of my colleagues as a bit of an ingrate at times. Cosmetic surgery puts food on all our tables and I on occasion have the nerve to toss a bit of dust on that shining plate. Well lovely Elisa has again e-mailed me to tell of another cosmetic surgery oddity.

He is named Steve Erhardt. By report he has had some 30 cosmetic operations. While I believe he should have the right to do that which he wants with his body, I am always somewhat dumbfounded when I consider the motivation in such an undertaking.

The vast majority of my cosmetic patients have one or two operations (with the exception of the gastric bypass patients that have several usually) and then are pretty much done. If a patient were to come in requesting numerous operations I would more likely than not be scared to operate upon him or her. The main question when I agree to operate is:

"Can I make this person happy?"

With Mr Erhardt, I don't know if I could answer "Yes."



Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD more...

Cosmetic Surgery For Less
Originally Posted on 29/08/2005 13:01:25Content source: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TruthInCosmeticSurgeryBlog?m=74